Our internship programme connects people who want to make a difference in their career with meaningful projects which have a social aim. We are looking for graduates and young professionls with interests in IT, marketing, finance or research.
What will I be doing?
Our internships are 5 week unpaid positions which offer structured learning about civil society, and support the work of Eastside. They can include activities such as:
- Experiencing a social enterprise first-hand: the only way to really experience social enterprise is to work alongside an existing one.
- Taking the lead on a project by:
- Researching into the social enterprise and charity sector
- Exploring online marketing opportunities
- Researching relevant reports and articles on the sector
What do I get out of it?
* Creating Social Impact
* Developing Professional Skills
* Structured Learning
* Constructive Feedback
* Opportunity for a reference
The experience of working on projects aimed at creating social impact through enterprise provides our people with an opportunity to practice exercising professional skills in a structured, supported but real-life setting. Previous associates have described how their time at Eastside transformed their perception not only of their career options but also of themselves and the capacity they have to create positive change. Our associates therefore tend to be inquisitive people, who are keen to understand how they can maximise their personal impact.
"Not only did I get to see how a small organisation works in the third sector, but I had the opportunity to roll up my sleeves and get involved. It is rare to have such an opportunity to work alongside such talented and inspiring people."
"Thank-you so much for the last few months and for the support you've given me. I have learnt a huge amount and it has definitely assisted with further employment'
COSTS: Please note that Eastside will cover reasonable business expenses which you incur to ensure that you are not out of pocket as a result of spending time with us.
Background and experience
We are looking for students or graduates with the following experience:
- A clear enthusiasm for the social sector
- Proven competence with office software
- Excellent self-management skills
- Excellent research & writing skills
How can I get involved?
If you'd like to apply for an Internship, please send the following to Matt
- Your CV
- A covering letter (stating your availability, your goals for your experience with us and where you heard about Eastside) and
- A piece of your previous written work (any length).
Should you have any further questions, please call the office on 0207 250 8440.