Public sector contracting
We start by looking at how your organisation can best position itself to win public sector contracts in the new commissioning environment. We will review the various options available and best practice for delivering public services, including what changes may be required to culture, operations or funding models to become a successful contractor.
Understand the changing face of public service delivery including:
- Industry trends (shifts to larger, longer contracts)
- Shifts to new types of financing
- Shift to more results based contracts
- How should your organisation be involved in delivery of public services?
- Assessing and managing risks to delivery
Understanding your customer
- Government vs prime contractor vs lead partner
Making it happen
- Key stages and considerations to becoming a successful contracting company including:
- Partnerships or sub-contracting
- Contract management
- Mergers, consortia and joint ventures
Eastside set up 3SC, a national third sector consortia specifically focused on bidding for large public contracts. It now runs government contracts for DWP and other key departments with over 350 delivery partners throughout the UK. We are able to use and share a vast amount of learning from this process.
All projects are bespoke, based on a case by case basis after an initial needs review.