Mergers and collaboration are increasingly common as charity and social enterprise leaders innovate and respond to the current environment. Eastside is developing a resource below for all those interested in mergers and collaboration in civil society.
The Good Merger Guide, written by Richard Gutch and published by Eastside in collaboration with recruitment specialists, Prospectus. [October 2012]
- II Foundation & International Development Through Sport 
- Eastside & Primetimers 
- Private Equity Foundation and Impetus Trust 
- Nomad Trust & Lincolnshire YMCA 
- The Brain Tumour Charity and Brain Tumour UK 
- Keep Britain Tidy & Waste Watch 
- Broadway & Threshold 
- Independent Age & Counsel and Care 
- North Wales Credit Union 
- Play Matters & National Children's Bureau 
- Scottish Association for Mental Health & Angus Mental Health Association 
- Royal British Legion & Poppyscotland 
- Daycare Trust & National Association of Family Information Services 
- Princess Royal Trust for Carers & Crossroads Care 
- Pact & Kids VIP 
- CHASE & Shooting Star Children's Hospice 
- Perennial & Royal Fund for Gardners' Children 
- Coping with CHAOS & Diverse Abilities Plus 
- Deaf Action & Tayside Deaf Association 
- Guardian News and Media & Unltd World 
- Small Charities Coalition & Charity Trustee Networks 
- St Giles Hospice & Walsall Hospice 
- The Prince's Trust and Fairbridge 
Further resources, articles & papers:
- For further mergers in the UK see here.
- For more detailed information about the topic see our merger fact sheet.
- A compiled list of resources for mergers in the social sector.
- A presentation on strategic restructuring around mergers, joint ventures and consortia.
- An interesting talk around 'strategic restructuring' in the US. Puts forward the idea that there aren't necessarily too many charities (1.4m in the US) but too many reliant on grant funding, something we've been talking about at Eastside for a while.
- Craig Dearden-Philips talks about 'The rewards of merger'. Craig spoke at our roundtables last year on the topic of his direct experience of charity mergers.
- Merger resources from the Charity Commision
- Capacitybuilders: Learning from mergers
- Third Sector: Mergers - what do they consist of?